This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 12 month contract paying up to $590 per day excluding super. This role is located in Parramatta + WFH.
About the Role
NABERS is one of the most effective sustainability initiatives in Australia. Buildings regularly certifying under NABERS have reduced energy use at one of the fastest rates in the world. You can draw a straight line from this to more than $1 billion in energy savings from commercial buildings, and it has helped Australian property companies become world leaders in sustainability. We measure the energy efficiency, water usage, waste management and indoor environment quality of buildings. We rate offices, shopping centres, hotels, aged care, data centres, public hospitals and apartment buildings. We’re expanding to rate all major building types by 2023.
We’re developing a new platform (in Salesforce) for NABERS products. This involves redesigning our whole process of collecting building and utility data to conduct our environmental ratings. The UX Designer will report to the Design Manager, and will be responsible for:
- Determining research strategy and carrying out research activities for different aspects of the product. This is a research-heavy UX Design role.
- Synthesising research results, generating insights and communicating to the team.
- Participating in design sprints. This is a fast-paced, agile environment of research, prototyping (low fidelity only), testing and iterating.
- Creating low to medium fidelity prototypes that reflect an understanding of design principles and web standards.
- Testing designs with users and iterating accordingly.
- Being a strong advocate for the user’s perspective.
- Understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research and designs. Some knowledge on the building industry would be helpful, but otherwise you can learn it during the role.
- Working closely with our small product team to continue developing our design ops and promoting the value of design and UX across NABERS.
- Outcomes focus: figuring out what creates the most value for end users, and making sure this drives what we do in research, design and testing activities.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders.
- You ask a lot of questions, and feel comfortable getting into technical details, e.g. testing ideas with mechanical engineers.
- Minimum of 2 years UX Design experience.
- Interest in sustainability in the built environment, and how buildings work. Previous experience in built environment or sustainability is an advantage.
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org