Our government client is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join their Agile team for a 6 month full-time contract located in Redfern, $350-400/day excl. super.
About The Role
As Technical Writer, you will transform technical information of integration services into clear and concise documentation. This is a key role to maintain consistency of technical documentation across the product lines.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various stakeholders to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of products, services and the documentation requirements.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Maintain documentation consistency across product lines.
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Experience in Software Development documentation writing and exposure to Agile methodology.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office 365 tools, Confluence etc.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.