This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 12-month contract paying $490-$700 per day excluding super. This role is located at Macquarie Park + WFH.
About the Role
The role provides administration support for the day to day operations of the Open Data Hub, administers the Open Data Hub and API Gateway and investigates and resolves data issues that arise. The role also acts as the Data Steward for Open Data and liaises with internal stakeholders to deliver requests. Key accountabilities include:
- Curate, manipulate and transform data where appropriate for readiness to publish to Open Data and work with vendor to publish to API Gateway.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the Open Data Hub performance and usage, and communicate success stories on usage and outcomes resulting from new data published.
Generate appropriate metadata and definitions for data published on the Open Data Hub and ensure documentation is kept up to date in data management tools and records.
- Act as the data steward for Open Data ensuring data is compliant with the Open Data and Data Governance policies including working with data suppliers to source and enable new data that is complaint.
Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver requests for data from Open Data Hub.
- Provide data administration support to Open Data customers on data, systems and configuration
changes or fixed required.
Collaborate with other team members to investigate and resolve data issues relating to Open Data Hub availability or integrity.
- Demonstrated experience in administering data provision for API gateway including management of user access and data protection
- Experience in investigating and resolving systems and data problems
- Extensive experience in documentation and data management including metadata creation and management using appropriate tooling
Experience in manipulation of data with Python an advantage
- Strong experience in monitoring website performance and trends using Google Analytics and/or Splunk
- Understanding of API gateways, Big Data platforms and associated applications
Experience coordinating with other teams for planning, design, governance, engineering and release management of processes and to ensure timely and accurate delivery of data and analytics services
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.