The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for creating and using dashboards, financial analysis, financial and management reports.
- $500-$530/Day + Super
- 6 Month Contract w/Immediate start
- Parramatta location w/WFH
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for creating and using dashboards, financial analysis, financial and management reports for this NSW state government organisation. You will be tasked with creating and analysing the budgets for new fiscal year and assisting in appropriations processes.
- Partner with business & program owners to understand the program details and financial drivers to develop budget and detailed branch monthly forecasts.
- Perform variance analysis on actual results compared to the budget and forecasts for each cost centre and discuss with the business owners.
- Consolidate monthly branch results and provide clear management reporting for the business, including clear interpretation of actual results, variance drivers and implications for future financial performance.
- Manage month end/year end reporting requirements including any journals, accounting adjustments and reconciliations.
- Work collaboratively across finance teams to provide on time reporting and inputs to ensure compliance.
- Prepare accurate and timely correspondence, briefing notes, submissions, and reports to support the effective operation of branch.
- Review, analyse, consolidate, and report on financial and performance data within the relevant business unit.
- Prepare accurate and insightful executive information relating to financial management and performance as required, including budget, forecast, monthly results, and funding management.
- Undertake branch budgeting, forecasting and detailed analysis and control spending within budgets.
- 3-5 Years’ experience as Financial Analyst or Similar role
- Government experience beneficial but not required
- SAP experience essential
- Experience with reporting and visualisation tools ex: Tableau, Power BI and Hyperion systems or similar highly regarded
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Available for immediate start
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident