- $500-$725/day + Super
- 6-month contract w/immediate start
- Central Station, CBD location
About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The Senior Financial Accountant provides financial accounting services, and financial reporting to meet statutory obligations and accounting standards.
- Prepare regular and timely financial reporting, reconciliations, month end and year end.
- Complete statutory reporting for stakeholder review
- Ensure the provision of shared services are provided on time and accurately
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and annual financial statements
- Contribute to the development, review and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and processes in accordance with legislative requirements and guidelines to ensure compliance and improve performance
- Preparation of various financial reports
- Creating business cases, briefing notes, financial statements, and cabinet minutes to ensure accuracy of information
- Provide input for reports, application of charts of accounts and financial key performance indicators (KPI’s) to review and improve performance
- Generate reports that provide accurate advice and information for staff, customers, and managers by reviewing and analysing financial systems and databases
- 5+ years’ experience as Financial Accountant or Similar
- Government experience highly regarded
- SAP/BW experience essential
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Available for immediate start
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident