- $850 - $1000/day + Super
- Sydney CBD w/WFH
- 6-month contract w/immediate start
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This division within the Department Focuses on large scale infrastructure projects across NSW in order to provide a unified NSW using specialised reporting and insights to drive improvements within the department.
About the role
We are looking for someone who has a strong data analysis skills and who can collate a large portfolio of infrastructure projects using Excel, Power BI and SAP. You will be responsible for the automation of projects across the portfolio as well as oversight and alignment of project, financial and cost control processes.
- Provide expert accounting and cost control across complex projects / programs of work with multiple stakeholder interests and interdependencies.
- Financial Performance analysis through effective and compliant cost attribution, financial control and reporting covering areas including budgeting, forecasting, accruals, journals and cash flow monitoring.
- Prepare project budgets and forecasts for a portfolio of large infrastructure and construction projects.
- Collating of large project portfolio using, Excel, Power BI and SAP.
- Prepare and review monthly accruals and cost recoveries, reallocations and transfers and produce project accruals reports and detailed regular and ad-hoc costs performance reports for the project performance team and the wider project team.
- Develop and implement business rules pertaining to project management costs at a project / program level, ensuring alignment of budget, commitment and cost.
- Provide expert financial and cost controls advice regarding contract management.
- Develop and implement realistic and sustainable plans for delivery of cost control within project / program teams.
- Identify and resolve issues to improve the quality and efficacy of cost control as a value-added function to project / program delivery teams.
- Ensure financial policies, procedures and internal controls are effectively implemented.
- 7+ years’ experience in Financial Control, Cost Control, Project Accounting and/or Project Financial Management.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Data Analytics
- Experience managing financial controls on large infrastructure or construction projects.
- Government experience highly regarded
- Experience with SAP and Project Management Systems beneficial
- Available for immediate start
- Advanced knowledge of excel and Power BI