- $1060/Day inc. Super
- 5 month contract (likely to extend)
- Sydney CBD/WFH
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start ASAP for a 5-month contract paying up to $1060/ Day inc. Super. This role is located in Sydney CBD/ WFH.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a Solution Architect to support the management and delivery of technology solutions within its business systems landscape. The role will work with an Enterprise Architect, project managers and external systems vendors on solutions which support delivery of independent, fair and accessible elections in NSW. Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the development of end-to-end solution architectures and designs across multiple applications and technology components, which may be delivered by multiple internal and external teams, to ensure overall alignment.
- Create architecture deliverables required to support new business requirements and the ongoing improvement of business systems which are used for delivering and managing associated regulatory functions.
- Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders to ensure solution alignment with business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions so that projects do not prioritise short term needs without having due regard to longer-term objectives and the accumulation of excessive technical debt.
- Critically assess business requirements, artefacts provided by external technology vendors and other project inputs, escalating proactively to the Enterprise Architect, Director Business Systems, Project Owners, Project Managers, any gaps or risks that will impact adversely on the quality of systems architectures and designs for assigned projects.
- Review, interpret and guide detailed designs to ensure alignment across project requirements and IT capabilities both current and future.
- Support the Enterprise Architect to build and improve common principles and standards applicable to business, application, data, technology and security architecture domains.
- Build a solid understanding of the complex business domain in which the Department operates, across election delivery and the regulation of electoral funding, disclosures and compliance.
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience as a Solution Architect in enterprise organisations, successfully designing and implementing business solutions within complex, enterprise IT environments.
- Experience with application solutions involving integration across internal, custom built-software components and as "as a service" or COTS components, where strong vendor management skills are required to ensure a robust end to end solution.
- Experience delivering application solutions with a significant custom component preferably using a Salesforce, Microsoft, and/or Oracle technology stack.
- Demonstrated ability to produce design artefacts to support conceptual designs that are appropriately detailed while being business readable.
- Experience with and an understanding of TOGAF.
- Understanding of security and network-level architecture.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact email@example.com or call (02) 8296 9802.