This is a great opportunity for a Personal Injury Solicitor to work for a NSW government client that has a great team environment. This role will be working from home but will require to go into the offices in the CBD aswell. It will be an initial 3-month contract, paying $40 - 55 per hour + super.
About the Role
- Provide high level legal services (advice, transactions and/or litigation) to clients in accordance with the law, policy, procedures, and practice standards.
- Undertake legal and administrative matters and oversee the co-ordination of outsourced legal services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct litigation before Courts and/or Tribunals as the Department's representative.
- Interpret, analyse, and prepare complex legal documents including legal records, correspondence, legislation, court orders, policies, reports, submissions, contracts, deeds and briefs to counsel.
- Undertake research, manage, and provide advice on matters arising in areas of operation to ensure effective service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and review of legal standards and practices, policies, systems, procedures, manuals, precedents, and processes; and development and delivery of training to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient professional services.
- Contribute to the development and responses to legal reviews, law reform proposals and legal initiatives and programs, and respond to formal and informal requests for information, including court subpoenas and applications under relevant legislation.
- Comply with practice management standards, policies, and procedures, including accurately and contemporaneously recording time spent on legal work and preparing invoices.
- Previous experience in personal injury
- Have good interpersonal skills and a positive demeanor
- Be highly organised and capable of coordinating multiple tasks
- Client service oriented, strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter and displays initiative