We are seeking a Solicitor to join a NSW government organisation. This role is based in Sydney CBD and is paying$59 per hour + super.
About the role
- Provide high level legal services (advice, transactions and/or litigation) and its clients in accordance with the law, policy, procedures and practice standards.
- Undertake legal and administrative matters and oversee the co-ordination of outsourced legal services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct litigation before Courts and/or Tribunals.
- Interpret, analyse and prepare complex legal documents including legal records, correspondence, legislation, court orders, policies, reports, submissions, contracts, deeds and briefs to counsel.
- Undertake research, manage and provide advice on matters
- Contribute to the development and review of legal standards and practices, policies, systems, procedures, manuals, precedents and processes; and development and delivery of training to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient professional services.
- Contribute to the development and responses to legal reviews, law reform proposals and legal initiatives and programs, and respond to formal and informal requests for information, including court subpoenas and applications under relevant legislation.
- Comply with practice management standards, policies and procedures, including accurately and contemporaneously recording time spent on legal work and preparing invoices
- Must have experience in Family law
- Must be a qualified Solicitor
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply if you are interested.