This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 6-month contract paying up to $51 per hour excluding super. This role is located in St Leonards.
About the Role
The Social Media Assistant coordinates social and online communications to inform the health system and the community of health initiatives and raise awareness of public health issues and services. This role maintains and supports social media content and management systems. Key accountabilities include:
- Assist with developing = social media content to ensure all social media feeds contain the high quality and coordinated information for all stakeholders.
- Ensure content available on social media channels is compliant with NSW Government standards and guidelines to service the wider community and stakeholders.
- Provide training, assistance and support to content publishers and approvers in managing social media content.
- Measure, monitor, report and review social media channels, through web analytics and other monitoring tools. Evaluate social media engagement and refine social media content to continually improve quality, accessibility and effectiveness of key messages.
- Identify new opportunities to distribute content to continually enhance communication and marketing strategies.
- Leverage content across multiple online and digital channels to achieve communication objectives and increase social media traffic and engagement.
- Research best practices in public sector social media and identify opportunities to apply new technologies and processes that increase visibility and maximise engagement with target audiences.
- Monitor social media platforms and advise the Manager, Social Media of critical or sensitive issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft SharePoint as a content management system for a public website and ability to train and support staff in the use of content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in social media communication and/or digital marketing, including the ability to effectively use social media tools as part of communication and marketing strategies.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays and participation in the team on call roster)
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.