This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Senior Business Analyst leads the definition of solution requirements and costs/benefits analysis of information and communications technology (ICT). This includes delivering high quality review and analysis of the organisation’s Infrastructure business cases and proposals, including developing ICT infrastructure and solution costing metrics and models. You will:
- Develop, maintain and document the planned ICT strategies relevant across the organisation’s infrastructure
- Provide strategic review and advice on the organisation’s facility planning and development documents including clinical service plans and business cases.
- Identify and analyse ICT organisational and sector strategic issues and options and align technology vision with business strategy to guide the development, implementation and governance of ICT strategies.
- Provide leadership and direction to external vendors and their teams to ensure effective collaboration and service delivery.
- Facilitate strong working relationships with key stakeholders to support collaboration, the exchange of information and issues management to build on existing relationships and influence outcomes.
- Drive the implementation and delivery of ICT projects, developing, evaluating and reporting on projects to ensure alignment to ICT strategies.
- Provide plain language advice on highly complex technical issues to non-technical audiences to enable informed business decisions and service level improvements
- Provide high quality research and analysis to formulate strategies, plans and priorities to achieve organisational objectives
- Extensive experience of developing and reviewing project proposals or business cases ideally within a government or health context.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret information, prepare written reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise competing demands and achieve results with a customer focused approach.
- Proven capacity to support and manage investment decisions, including the ability to provide constructive feedback to key customers and stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in strategic project lifecycle management in a large and complex/diverse organisation, including relevant qualifications or equivalent. This includes sound knowledge and practical experience in report writing and developing strategic project plans.
- Experience in developing and reviewing of financial and economic appraisals.
- Proven engagement, collaboration and negotiation skills with the capability to build maintain and use relationships with customers and stakeholders.