Senior Security Architect/Specialist | 12 Month Contract | $1300 P/D Incl. Super
- $1080 - $1180 P/D + Super
- 12 Month Contract
- Parramatta Location
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Security Architect will provide technical analysis, design and guidance of security controls for ensuring the protection of this departments data. They will be responsible for defining security requirements that must be included in Solution Designs that may include Conceptual Design, High-Level Design (HLD) and Detailed-Level Design (DLD) as appropriate and conducting various risk assessments including risk assessing vendor engagements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Establish and implement practices for the monitoring of information systems, processes and metrics to measure compliance against policy and standards.
- Perform regular security reviews and compliance testing to ensure adherence to adopted security standards
- Prepare and coordinate strategic advice, research, information and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning and operational matters to ensure the appropriate analysis of issues to support executive decision making.
- Lead and drive team management, work planning, coaching and professional development initiatives to align resources and deliver priorities.
- Proven experience of conducting security assessments on infrastructure, network, application designs.
- Proven experience in providing security consulting to large and complex projects with the ability to engage with vendors and review vendor proposals.
- Proven experience in performing regular security reviews and compliance testing to ensure adherence to adopted security standards.
- Proven experience in Cyber Security Strategy design, development and implementation.
- Proven experience in preparing and coordinating strategic advice, research, information and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning and operational matters to ensure the appropriate analysis of issues to support executive decision making.
- Experience assessing and implementing security & risk standards (e.g. ISO 27001/2, PCI-DSS, Cloud Security, ISO 31000 etc).
- Possess an understanding of the ITIL Service Management Framework and its practical execution within IT projects.
- Possess an understanding of PMP and/or PRINCE2 Project Management Frameworks and their practical execution within IT projects.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0410 812 314