- $500 - $750 p/day + Super
- 12 - Month Contract
- Sydney CBD
About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government strategy, managing investment priorities, funding, and allocations.
About the role
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer leads and contributes to the resourcing, implementation, and review of large and or complex quality assurance projects and activities including compliance monitoring, issue resolution and reporting to provide consistent quality assurance.
- Leads and collaborates to deliver the quality assurance practice with analysts, managers, engineers, designers, and other key stakeholders, focusing on complex problem to achieve quality outcomes for the organisation.
- Provide expert quality assurance advice and specialist knowledge in an area of testing to ensure currency of skillset of the team.
- Provide test coverage support for test engineers, software developers and other specialist staff to ensure code and processes are of high degree of quality and fit for purpose
- Lead testing, write and execute functional and non-functional tests and provide feedback to the team on debugging and refactoring the test code, to ensure code is of high degree of quality and reduces operational risk
- Measure and report on test activity, manage defects, author-defined tests and find solutions to complex problems to ensure service delivery outcomes are achieved on time to the expected standard
- Coach and mentor team in new test techniques and tools and partner with developers and other specialists to improve the quality of systems development and ensure solutions are fit for purpose
- Relevant qualifications or certifications
- Extensive experience with web automation (Selenium and Cucumber with Java)
- Proven experience measuring and reporting on test activity and managing defects
- Experience with LamdaTest or other tools such as Browserstack, Saucelab
- Proven experience providing expert quality assurance advice and specialist knowledge
- Drupal CMS or other CMS experience Adobe AEM, WordPress is also considerable
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, git and github
- Experience with JIRA, MS Teams, Slack and Confluence is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Permanent resident or citizen
- NSW driver’s license
- Per NSW Government policy all employees must be fully vaccinated.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0402 001 055.