Senior Project Manager (non ICT)
10 month Contract
$1300-$1500 per day + super
Parramatta + WFH
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 10-month contract paying up to $1500 per day excluding super. This role is located in Parramatta + WFH.
About the Role
The Senior Project Manger will play a leading role in the delivery of infrastructure/ construction projects through any of the development lifecycles with responsibilities generally including due diligence for land acquisitions, feasibilities and project scoping, planning and project origination, design and development management, assurance & business case requirements, procurement & project delivery strategies, consultant management, contract administration, control of project finances/ program/ risk/ interdependencies, reporting & governance, stakeholder engagement, operational readiness/ handover and general project administration and associated supporting activities. The Senior Project Manager will play a leading role in the following areas:
- Reporting to a Project Director/ Senior Development Manager or other senior management within the Masterplanning and Delivery Team
- Manage and lead project(s) through any phase of the project lifecycle, ensuring effective planning, stakeholder management, financial and risk management processes etc to guide project delivery in meeting business objectives and to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
- Deliver project outcomes to ensure all projects are scoped, planned, costed, resourced and aligned with program objectives and client needs.
- Provide advice to senior management on the development, implementation, management and reporting of projects.
- Manage governance arrangements to ensure cost, time and quality of planning and approvals.
- Establish and proactively manage positive working relationships with project stakeholders, including business partners, contractors, external consultants and other Government Agencies to guide contributions, manage expectations, report progress, leverage knowledge and foster long term partner relationships.
- Manage risks to projects and develop, communicate and implement risk mitigation plans and strategies.
- Prepare and contribute to a range of strategic, governance and operational documentation, including briefing papers, discussion papers, reports, submissions and responses to provide and seek information to project stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the project program (and associated projects/ programs) including risk and contingency management, to identify and address, or escalate where necessary, issues to support their timely resolution.
- Demonstrated extensive Project delivery experience in medium to large infrastructure, system integration or business change projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing medium to large project teams with multi-skilled resources.
- Strong understanding of various project management concepts and system development lifecycle management methods.
If you have any questions please email Lachlan at email@example.com.