Our client is currently on the look out for a Senior Programs Officer to be able to help and develop media and communications content, publications and events. Currently it is a short-term contract- but there is the likelihood of an extension, paying $63.20/hour + Super and located in Paramatta.
About the role:
- Assist in managing the flow of news this NSW Government Organisation, including major media and critical issues, by researching and preparing media releases and responses, platform content, actively engaging with media staff and providing timely and accurate responses to media inquiries.
- Provide and contribute to strategic communication advice, monitor state-wide media, prepare high level written reports, submissions, Media Releases, Communications materials, briefing notes and ministerial correspondence on a range of issues
- Experience within the Events realm and development of events
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement, communications, promotions and events
- Deliver research, information facilities and customer services
- Assist in managing the delivery of information and resource material, including the website and social media platforms
- Develop and delivery communication and event projects
- Operates within a high pressure and highly confidential environment where tact and diplomacy are paramount
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Working with multi-disciplinary geographically dispersed teams while being accountable for the coordinated delivery of events, resources and publications.
- Must be able to work autonomously and without supervision, self motivated and determined.