This Government agency prides itself on delivery innovative technology solutions to the NSW public and other government agencies. They look to provide information and to maintain a wide range of IT initiatives to ensure effective and innovative results throughout New South Wales.
About the Role
The role develops and reviews strategic national and state policy and advice to ensure that the best possible outcomes are achieved for NSW. The role undertakes high level research, including the scoping of policy proposals
- Develop options for policy proposals taking into account legislation and regulations, social/economic forces.
- Manage the implementation of key projects with the guidance of senior officers to ensure they are delivered on time and to the required standard.
- Prepare quality evidence-based submissions for the Productivity Commission, Parliamentary enquiries and other external enquiries in a timely fashion to ensure the position of the Department is well represented.
- Support the Executive Director and senior staff in policy projects and proposals to ensure their rigour, transparency and effectiveness.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of correspondence, briefing notes, submissions and reports to support the effective operations of the External Relations Policy Directorate.
- Experience developing policy proposals in areas of great complexity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education and Training policies.