This is a great opportunity to work as a Senior Policy Officer for a NSW government client that focuses on delivering a framework that focuses on providing the right care for everyone. This is a 5 month contract that has flexible work arrangements. The role is paying $60.64 - $66.82 per hour + super and requires an immediate start.
About the role
- Manage and undertake policy and program development, review and evaluation of projects.
- Address current and emerging issues in relation to workforce policy, programs, planning, development and reform.
- Provide advice and support to the Workforce Planning and Development Branch, senior executives, and staff to consistently interpret and apply policies and practices in relation to workforce policy, programs, planning, development and reform.
- Prepare high quality written advice in the form of reports, briefs, policy, discussion papers, or circulars to inform, respond to requests, or initiate consideration of new policy initiatives.
- Liaise, communicate, and consult with key staff in public health organisations and stakeholder representatives to secure their engagement and ensure effective interface on policy and program development, planning and implementation.
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative research to address policy issues and inform policy development.
- Explore and evaluate new policy approaches, including undertaking cost-benefit analyses and impact assessment, in order to provide sound strategic advice on their potential for application within.
- Substantial experience in the provision of policy advice in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation impacting on the health workforce.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in undertaking all stages of the policy cycle (development, implementation and review).