This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Senior Network Administrator starting late February on a 6 month contract paying up to $800 a day + super. The role will primarily based in Sydney CBD with the flexible to work from home.
- Design, implement and manage the network communications infrastructure and associated systems to achieve the unit’s primary business objective of a high quality, executive focused, ICT service to clients, with a focus on security, reliability of services and agility.
- Work professionally and collaboratively within the unit to efficiently and effectively resolve incidents, problems and requests, and promote the continuous exchange and enhancement of knowledge and skills within the unit.
- Act as a key resource in the planning, design and delivery of ICT projects, especially those highly dependent on the network communications and security infrastructure, providing advice that caters for the unit’s agility and alignment strategies.
- Manage the procedures and practices which govern the operation of the Ministers’ IT network, maintaining a set of local standards of good service management practice (ITIL) that help to support the unit’s focus on security, reliability, responsiveness and continuity.
- Monitor and analyse trends and patterns relating to the network communications infrastructure to identify immediate and long term areas of improvement, emerging risks, vulnerabilities and threats, and to drive service improvement.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) qualifications (or working towards completion) or an equivalent advanced knowledge of switching, routing and troubleshooting in Cisco enterprise environments.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in an architectural role for a multi-site enterprise grade network, supporting high availability, extensive network security systems and diverse access options.
- Knowledgeable and experience across Cisco Switching and Routing such as; MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, VRF, Policy Based Routing, Cisco Platforms
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the design, configuration management, operation and problem troubleshooting of a diverse range of networking services, components and tools.
- Technologies include but not limited to: Cisco centric networking, security and management
- Cisco NAC (CAS, CAM & Profiler) and Cisco ACS
- Cisco Prime LMS and NCS, and open source tools such as Nagios and Cacti
- WiFi and VoIP systems
- Secure remote access, from PC, laptop and mobile devices and utilising IPSec and SSL VPN technologies