Our government client is seeking an experienced Senior Java Developer for a 2 month full-time contract located in Parramatta, $700-850/day excl. super.
About the Role
As Senior Java Developer you will be working with a team of developers to deliver large changes to complex applications.
- Prepare and review code to enable application development.
- Advise on the right way to apply standards and methods, ensuring compliance with security and application development standards.
- Provide technical advice to stakeholders and set the team-based standards for programming tools and techniques.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively.
- Technical expertise in the user story capture phase to ensure the solution is sustainable and consideration is given to associated interfaces with other systems.
- Ensure development practice is documented, stored and maintained.
- Provide on-going 3rd level support of developed applications to reduce the impact of application defects, rework and related incidents.
- Full working rights in Australia.
- Demonstrated experience in application design, development and unit testing business applications using Java technology: J2EE, JAVA, SEAM, JSF, Hibernate, Richfaces/ Primefaces, SOAP/ REST Web Services, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix and Linux Operating Systems and Oracle.
- Proven experience in systems and software development lifecycle including analysing and improving development processes.
- Ability to support team members to ensure effective service delivery and the removal of any roadblocks in a dynamic and complex working environment of competing priorities and short time frames.