Senior IT Infrastructure/Storage Engineer
- $966.26 per day + super
- 9 months
About the company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
Looking for a storage specialist in information systems and provides technical support and advice on ICT Storage and related technologies to users across multiple locations and platforms. The role will ensure changes to the environment including complex deployments are managed. It is a 9 month contract, paying $966.26 per day + super located in Parramatta.
- Design and manage the implementation of platform solutions that adhere to current architecture standards
- Manage large-scale or complex deployments or changes to the organisations information systems
- Ensure that installations are completed to time, cost and quality, to minimise operational and project risk
- Manage the integration of system solutions across disparate platforms and technologies
- Responsible for the refresh of storage and backup systems
- Responsible for the migration of data from legacy storage systems to strategic storage platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with contemporary storage technologies e.g.
− IBM DS8800
− V7000 Unified and SVC
− Pure Storage controllers
− NetApp FAS series controllers
− Spectrum Protect running on Linux servers − IBM TS3500 Tape Libraries
− Brocade SAN Directors
- Experience in Linux O/S
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Storage-as-a-Service and Backup-as-a-Service
• Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies