This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The role supports fraud assessment, intelligence and response teams to assess for fraudulent or corrupt behaviour by internal and external parties via analysis of electronic data. This role is starting ASAP on a initial 6 month contract based in CBD with WFH paying up to $720 per day + super.
- Develop and deliver full data analysis capability to support fraud investigations.
- Develop relevant and timely intelligence assessments to Senior Management to assist in decision making and strategic direction regarding fraud controls.
- Collect and analyse strategic intelligence to determine data trends and patterns and provide an accurate analysis of present and future threats and opportunities.
- Process information using systematic, scientific and logical methodology to produce accurate and actionable insights.
- Develop and maintain case management, intelligence analysis and records management systems
- Build capability, literacy and understanding of business data within the organisation
- Prior experience working in or supporting fraud, corruption or intelligence environments is preferred
- The maintenance of the teams SQL environment, seeking to improve fraud insights via use of other disparate data sources and providing regular reporting are essential
- Sound knowledge/experience in writing procedures and queries within SQL is essential
- Advanced Excel and other Microsoft products is essential
- Knowledge of operational risks and controls is preferred
- Experienced in ETL processes via SSIS is preferred
- Knowledge of Tableau and Power BI is preferable
- Knowledge of AWS cloud environment is preferred