- 12 month contract
- $750-$850 per day + super
- Sydney CBD + WFH
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 12-month contract paying up to $850 per day excluding super. This role is located in Sydney CBD+ WFH.
About the Role
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work on a multi-stream program within multi-discipline team responsible for COVID-19 digital product definition, development, and implementation. The role leads the review and analysis of digital channels including the website, portal and related CMS to identify informational needs for customers on nsw.gov.au site. Your key accountabilities include:
- Drive the analysis and collection of information, including investigating issues and analysing customer feedback and insights to create viable recommendations for service improvements that align with business strategy and user needs.
- Contribute to the development of project plans (e.g. implementation plans, requirement gathering, specifications, user acceptance testing) to facilitate the successful achievement of business initiatives and strategic goals.
- Provide plain language advice on technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Facilitate and manage requirements gathering activities with varying levels of participants to gather, inform, socialise and gain acceptance business requirements.
- Documenting requirements and related analysis creating artefacts for inputs to technical solution designs, such as user stories, acceptance criteria, data models, site maps, flow diagrams and facilitate the development of effective wireframes or mock-ups.
- Analyse and document business processes and technical functions to enhance business systems and assist stakeholders to decide on best approach.
- Investigates problems, analyse options and provides recommendations for new and existing services and features.
- Manage relationships with and between stakeholders, engaging with users and stakeholders to effectively document needs.
- Analyse current services and processes, customer feedback to identify opportunities to optimise functionality to contribute to ongoing improvements to products.
- Have input into change management or business impact assessments.
- Demonstrated the ability to establish credibility quickly and engage and inspire key stakeholders.
- A range of experiences across both the public and private sector or multiple industries.
- Strong business analytical skills that can be applied to any business or technical area without detailed knowledge of that areas.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in business analysis on projects utilising both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, often with limited direction.
- Keeping across changing technologies, business processes and industry best practices.
- Ability to work with vendors and other delivery organisations within the cluster.
- Ability to operate in an environment of ambiguity and competing agendas, keeping stakeholders focused on project goals.
- Experience in working within an Agile environment with a good understanding of User Story methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to communicate complex problems in a way the audience can understand.
- Experience with digital channels including websites, portals and the related CMS systems is a key requirement of the role.
- Knowledge of privacy and security awareness of standards.
- Experience with use-case analysis and UML or BPMN is desirable.
If you have any questions please email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.