- $60 - 70 per hour + super
- 9 month contract
- Sydney CBD
We are seeking two Senior Government Services Officer to work for a NSW government organisation. One of the roles is a 9 month contract and the other is 6 months.
About the role
- Coordinate the delivery of projects within the Office of the Secretary, in collaboration with stakeholders from across government.
- Work with cluster agencies and divisions to effectively facilitate the scheduling and prioritisation of work for a key focus area that may include State and federal Government proposals, Ministerial briefings, parliament or Cabinet.
- Prepare leaders within the Office of the Secretary to participate in cross government projects and working groups. This may include attendance at meetings, including industry forums, stakeholder forums, Cabinet and Cabinet Committees.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure stakeholders are engaged and deliverables are met.
- Provide quality assurance of the cluster advice to the Senior leaders within the Office of the Secretary.
- Review proposals and submissions from other clusters to determine potential transport impacts and coordinate advice to Senior leaders within the Office of the Secretary
- Provide support and training for staff on government processes and systems, including in relation to writing for a government audience.
- Create, maintain and archive files and documents in accordance with records management procedures
- Parliamentary experience – ideally, in any gov agency in parliamentary role
- High level writing and communication skills in the provision of complex and sensitive information.
- Thorough understanding of State Government systems, policies and practices including the workings of a Ministerial Office, Parliament and Cabinet.
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex information and meet strict or shifting deadlines.
- Qualifications in Project Management, Government Relations or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.