This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The Senior Fraud Analyst position is on a ASAP start on a 5 Month contract + extensions, with the ability to work fully remote, paying up to $720 p/d + super. A line 2 role supporting and influencing line 1 fraud control decisions.
- Perform data sourcing, analysis and quality checks.
- Proven experience in business analysis.
- Identify weaknesses in process and procedures that can contribute to fraud occurring
- Ability to lead requirement gathering workshops.
- An innate ability to translate data/facts/info into opportunities.
- Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems. and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior fraud related role
- Experienced in customer based fraud processes and internal fraud processes desirable
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking fraud risk reviews
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking fraud control assurance testing
- Experienced in fraud analytics, development of detection and prevention processes
- Experienced in process mapping and driving decisions through data metrics
- Excellent communication, problem solving and stakeholder management skills
For more information email Lachlan at email@example.com.