This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. This government agency is leading and planning the delivery of key strategic infrastructure sites across NSW.
About the Role
The Senior Finance and Reporting Analyst provides financial support by providing transaction, budgeting and financial reporting services and assisting with preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare Budgets and Forecasts with variance analysis for large scale infrastructure projects.
- Provide expert quality and timely reporting and analysis.
- Act as a subject matter expert and partner with each team on various financial change and reform projects to ensure the success and delivery of the Authority’s objectives.
- Building financial models and providing forecasts based on various operating metrics to support financial reporting and analysis of performance.
- Recommending and Implementing process for improvements to budget and prepare forecasting.
- Accountable for the delivery of work assignments on time and to expectations in terms of quality, deliverables and outcomes.
- Submits reports, business cases and other forms of written advice with minimal input from the manager.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (accounting, finance, economics or business)
- CA or CPA qualified
- 3 years experience working for Government Agency in a similar role
- Experience in financial and management accounting
- Budgetary preparation/monitoring, forecasting, accruals and journals and financial reporting