This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for creating and using dashboards, financial analysis, and financial and management reports for this NSW state government organisation. You will be tasked with creating the budgets for new fiscal year and assisting in appropriations processes.
- Experience with Dashboarding and data analytics tools such as Tableau, Hyperion or Power BI.
- Experience with large, multi-dimensional databases including manipulating, extracting and using data.
- High level financial analytical skills with strong conceptual and research skills
- Effective communication skills and excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and modelling with the ability to undertake assessment of agency/business performance
- An ability to deal with competing projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- A commitment to creating an inclusive culture and encouraging diversity of thought
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or related areas or relevant experience
- Awareness of government financial reporting processes and issues highly regarded
- Awareness of funding and appropriation frameworks of the NSW public sector highly regarded
- Professional Accounting Qualification and/or post graduate qualification in Business Related Field an advantage
- 3-5 Years’ experience as Financial Analyst or Similar role
- Government experience highly regarded
- PRIME, Tableau, Power BI and Hyperion systems experience highly regarded
- Advanced Excel reporting experience
- Available for immediate start
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident