Our client is a well-known Government Department based in Sydney CBD. This is a highly desirable department to work for and currently they are searching for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team. This role will provide challenge and variety as well as exposure to stakeholders across the department. With trendy offices, a role offering variety and supportive senior management, this role represents a unique opportunity to make your mark.
About the Role
The focus on a day-to-day basis will largely be financial reporting and P&L management. Among other tasks, you will take responsibility for:
- Finalising monthly financial accounts and management reports;
- Assist with overseeing the finance function and transactions processed by shared services;
- Preparing the monthly board report with analysis and commentary
- Monthly reconciliation of key general ledger accounts
- Monitoring internal controls and resolve compliance-related issues;
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, consult, advise, anticipate and respond to their needs and expectations to achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation in the context of complex or sensitive finance issues.
About the Candidate
- CA / CPA qualified;
- Must have Government experience
- Must have SAP experience
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial, financial accounting;
- A high level of commercial insight coupled with a proven track record of management;
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior-level management and a broad range of internal stakeholders across the business;
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding technical accounting skills, and a mind for commercial decision making;
- The ability to work at an operational and strategic level which will be challenged on a day to day basis; and
- Highly motivated and someone who can question processes and be prepared to challenge and ask why?