Senior Finance Business Analyst | $700/day incl. super | 6-12 month contract
- $520-$640/day + Super
- 6–12 month contract.
- Bankstown, Tamworth, Port Macquarie, Maitland locations w/WFH Hybrid flexibility.
About the company
This NSW government agency is undergoing a major uplift of its financial performance reporting functions and investing in their future by upgrading their financial reporting processes to provide more streamlined business processes and financial reporting for executive decision making.
About the role
The Senior Finance Business Analyst is responsible for providing financial advisory and analysis for the Group through the developing complex financial models and financial analysis to better understand complex issues and assist with strategic advisory services.
- Financial analysis and reporting to identify areas of opportunity and process improvements.
- Develop financial models and conduct feasibility analysis to support a portfolio of complex strategic projects.
- Provide financial advice on commercial strategies, project costing and business case preparation.
- Conduct annual budgets, forecasts, and financial planning activities.
- Contribute to budget presentations to support executive business decisions.
- Act as a Business Partner to department heads and central finance teams to develop analytical and commercial reports.
- Financial performance analysis locally and across the departments.
- Analysis of business cases through strategic financial reviews.
- Prepare monthly management reports with complex budgeting, forecasting and expenditure analysis.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or related field with experience in data analysis, management accounting, budgeting and business partnering.
- 5+ Years’ experience as a Finance Business Analyst, Financial Analyst or FP&A Analyst.
- Experience in large corporate environment preferably within Government.
- Advanced Excel skills and Experience using BI tools with the ability to develop complex Financial Models.
- Strong understanding or current financial reporting policies, practices, and technology systems
- Experience using Large ERP systems with ability to extract large data sets to develop analytical models and reports.
- Immediately available candidates preferred.
- Must have Permanent Residency or Citizenship
- Per Government Guidelines and Policies, this role requires all employees to have two doses of vaccination or a medical exemption.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact Robert@ashdownpeople.com.au or call on 02 8296 9803