My client is a leading Retail business with presence in Australia and International Markets. They are continuing their data journey and are looking for experienced Head of Data Science to join their operations in North Sydney. This is a business critical role in advising the business on the potential of data, to provide new insights and through the use of advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques, to create solutions that enable enhanced business performance.
About the role
Proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. Reporting into the CFO, you will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Establish priorities and manage expectations with regards to the collection, review and deployment of data
- Provide commercial data insights that will determine response methods to company performance or external trends, and drive business decision making
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to to apply to data sets and predict business drivers
- Create policies and procedures on data governance and business rules that support data integrity regarding collating and analysing data, and controlled access
- Ownership of data management across the business through improved technology and process
- Application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning
- Real-time data collection to support delivery of real-time dashboards and insights for every department
- Use of predictive analytics to drive key success metrics related to revenue generation
- Analysing and actualising insights from user behavioural data coupled with external and macro factors like advertiser behaviour, competitive actions, trend identification
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Work with identified stakeholders and have input into management of data warehouse, including the collection and utilisation of all data
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and able to confidently demonstrate the following:
- Retail/FMCG experience would be desirable
- Advanced degree, MSc or PhD in a quantitative field (eg Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering etc) or undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering
- Experience and knowledge to establish data infrastructure and policies within a business that is defining their data strategy
- Experience using statistical computer languages R, Python, SQL, to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.