- $650 - $800/day +Super
- Macquarie Park location w/WFH
- 9-month contract w/immediate start
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency has a group of internal divisions focused on achieving universally beneficial outcomes for their customers by utilising specialised reporting and insights to drive improvements within the department.
About the role
As the Senior Cost Controller you are responsible for financial performance analysis, data analytics, automation and collation of projects, cost attribution, financial control and reporting covering areas including budgeting, forecasting, accruals, journals, cash flow monitoring, as well as managing payments processing and cost recovery.
- Provide expert accounting and cost control across complex projects / programs of work with multiple stakeholder interests and interdependencies.
- Conducting Data Analytics and Portfolio level reporting on cost monitoring, analysis and forecasting to ensure sound application of cost control and accurate reporting across the program.
- oversight of alignment and automation of reporting across the portfolio of projects.
- Develop and drive agreement and compliance with business rules pertaining to project management costs at a project / program level, ensuring alignment of budget, commitment and cost.
- Provide expert financial and cost controls advice regarding contract management, including the management of variations, contractor certificates of currency, and invoice disputes.
- Develop and implement realistic and sustainable plans for delivery of cost control within project / program teams.
- Identify and resolve current and emerging issues to improve the quality and efficacy of cost control as a value-added function to project / program delivery teams.
- Maintain timely turnaround / resolution of problem areas while complying with specified accounting standards in a complex regulatory environment.
- Lead and coordinate Project Cost Controllers to ensure that financial policies, procedures and internal controls are effectively implemented, and a robust financial control environment is in place.
- Prepare and review monthly accruals and cost recoveries, reallocations and transfers and produce project accruals reports and detailed regular and ad-hoc costs performance reports for the project performance team and the wider project team.
- 7+ years’ experience in Financial Control, Cost Control, Project Accounting and/or Project Cost Management with Data Analytics
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
- Experience in Government, infrastructure, or engineering environment/industry highly regarded
- Systems required: SAP, Power BI, EQUIP and PMWeb
- Available for immediate start
- Intermediate knowledge of excel