Senior Ministerial Liaison Officer | 4 Month Contract | Up to $75 per hour inc.super
- $63-$69 per hour + super
- 4 Month Contract
About the Company
This Government department focuses on some of the biggest issues that are facing our state. They strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community. We are looking for someone to start this 4 month contract role offering up to $75 per hour inc.super.
About the Role
Develop, manage and implement a range of high profile projects which contribute to critical issues management and strategic planning to support the Minister, Coordinator General and senior management to deliver Government and organisational priorities.
- Research, prepare and coordinate the compilation of complex/controversial/sensitive material in final form for the Coordinator General’s or Minister’s review. For example, correspondence, briefing materials, Parliamentary documents, reports, and ministerial events/visits and meeting packages to ensure documents are complete, accurate, timely, consistent with protocols and standards and feasible options are provided where appropriate.
- Lead, manage and implement major projects/initiatives including the preparation of a range of project related documentation for key stakeholders to ensure milestones and targets are achieved.
- Maintain a strategic overview of issues that may impact on work programs or the wider work of the department by monitoring and assessing emerging issues and evaluating their impact on the organisation in order to predict potentially controversial or politically sensitive issues that may arise so appropriate responses can be developed.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with key internal and external contacts (including government and non-government agencies) to ensure advice and communication is timely; to facilitate opportunities for project engagement, consultation and information sharing; and to seek input into emerging issues and trends which may impact on the organisation’s priorities.
- Applying diplomacy, confidentiality and astute judgement in evaluating and imparting advice for potentially sensitive, complex and controversial issues in a high volume work environment with competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Developing and maintaining a broad understanding of the organisation and its operations, as well as that of other associated portfolio agencies and the interests of key stakeholders while at the same time keeping abreast of complex and changing governmental protocols, policies and processes.
- Gathering, analysing, researching and accurately collating information from stakeholders who may not share the same agenda or have the same perspective of urgency.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Experience in providing high level advice and support on complex/sensitive/controversial issues at the Ministerial or senior executive level.
- Sound understanding of the machinery of Government, the policy process and relevant legislation.