Senior Business Analyst | 6 Month Contract | $935 P/D Incl. Super
- $800 - $850 P/D + Super
- 6 Month Initial Contract
- Macquarie Park Location
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
The role provides analysis, advice and support the translation of business requirements to data modelling and/or business intelligence/analysis solutions to ensure the correct solution design and implementation. The role is also responsible for conducting analysis, evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements and documentation of technical specifications.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the translation of business requirements into technical specification including data models and functionality of end user applications.
- Identify gaps in current availability of data to delivery solution and propose recommendations to address these including new definitions, metrics, dimensions or metadata.
- Work with the Manager and team to prioritise future data needs to deliver target state data layers or models required.
- Conduct investigative work to identify appropriate and practical solutions which meet the needs of the business, align to enterprise standards, and ensure that the team can deliver outcomes.
- Ensure complex technical specifications communicate user requirements in technical terms for submission to development teams.
- Interpret and translate analysis results into quality technical specifications and or user stories that are insightful, clear and succinct.
- Develop a deep understanding of system functionality and design as well as target state outcomes to ensure that technical specifications are aligned, feasible, sustainable and scalable.
- Work cooperatively within a team, managing multiple work streams while focusing on producing successful results.
- +3 years’ experience in a similar role; Government experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience in translating complex business requirements into data and technical specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of data modelling principles.
- Experience in developing functional and non-functional requirements for business solutions.
- Experience coordinating with other teams for planning, design, governance, engineering and release management of processes and to ensure timely and accurate delivery of data and analytics services.
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact email@example.com or call 0410 812 314