This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The role also contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures and practices that facilitate and contribute to improving financial reporting and related financial systems within the Organisation.
- Prepare and deliver regular reporting and analysis of organisation's financial performance and drivers to ensure accuracy, compliance and the ability for management and business to effectively respond to changing circumstances and developments
- Establish and maintain effective financial management controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards, guidelines and contemporary accounting practices
- Provide specialist technical advice, support and training on financial matters and practices, accounting policies and procedures, statutory reporting, and funding matters to ensure the organisation is compliant and achieves its targets
- Develop, implement and report on financial key performance indicators (KPI's) to ensure the organisation's financial objectives are met
- Undertake financial analysis including recommendations for investment strategies and the impact on net costs for initiatives and projects for business units to ensure financial and commercial viability and optimal return on investments
- Manage the preparation of the organisation’s submissions to ensure requirements are achieved on time to the expected standard
- Partner with Finance colleagues to review and implement changes to accounting policies, procedures and guidelines and educate clients in their application to ensure compliance
- Develop, monitor and review financial and/or taxation policies, procedures and practices to identify opportunities and improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity while ensuring compliance with relevant requirements and standards
- Monitor and review banking and cash management policies, procedures and practices in accordance with Public Sector guidelines to ensure efficient handling of cash and compliance
The successful candidate will need to possess the following skills and personal attributes:
- 7+ yrs. experience working with large organistions
- CA or CPA qualified
- Strong statutory reporting skills
- Extensive experience developing accounting & taxation policies/procedures
- Expert stakeholder management skills
- Experience implementing accounting strategies within risk & regulatory constraints - desirable
- Experience reviewing Banking and Cash Management policies - desirable
Due to the high volume of candidate applications please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.