This is an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Support Officer to join a NSW government organisation. This is a 2 month contract paying $45 - 50 per hour + super and will be in the CBD office / work from home.
About the role
- Provide front line support and first point of contact service delivery to clients and assist agencies to comply with legislation through the management of enquiries in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Undertake a range of casework related activities including research and analysis of information; identify interrelationships and make recommendations based on relevant evidence.
- Support collection and assessment of information and documentation and prepare routine reports about agencies and councils regarding their compliance with the legislation.
- Facilitate interviews, undertake research, and prepare correspondence and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of actions taken and documents received and drafted in connection with enquiries, complaints, reviews and other regulatory action.
- Participate and work effectively in a team environment and align operational with organisational objectives and contribute to the development and implementation of organisational goals, strategies and key performance.
- Collect and collate information for and prepare correspondence and documents to support the effective delivery.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with parties by providing information and guidance to the public and agencies about the legislation.
- Must have a legal background or graduate
- Having the background knowledge in legislation and regulation would be beneficial
- Previous government experience is preferred not required
- They will have a mentor who they will work closely with who will be their escalation point.