Established in 2006, Ashdown People is a specialised Talent Management Consultancy, operating nationally within the Technology & Analytics, Business Support, MarComms and Accounting & Finance spaces across all industries. Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, operations commenced in 2006 and have grown exponentially through our approach of viewing recruitment as a partnership, not a transaction. As an industry leader, Ashdown People’s strength is building relationships to ensure both candidates and clients receive “best in class” service levels and business solutions.
With over a 7+ years experience in NSW Government we are looking to hire a recruitment consultant to join an established, high performing government team here at Ashdown. We are ranked in the top 20 suppliers within NSW Government sector and Top 5 for NSW Justice and Health.
About the role
- Source candidates via a multitude of channels and conduct thorough interviews
- Provide outstanding service to your candidates, taking a genuine interest in their career aspirations and building strong relationships with them
- Screen resumes and prospects, qualify, interview, and manage candidates throughout the interview process from interviews preparations to assisting with final offer negotiation
- Further develop relationships with businesses who we currently deal with and identify new business opportunities
- Working closely with existing and potential client contacts to intimately understand their respective businesses and to be ahead of the curve with their recruitment needs
- Handle the job process from beginning to end including short-listing, making expert recommendations and maintaining relationships
- Develop and release job postings on several platforms, such as social media and job boards
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to run your ‘desk’ like your own business
- Capitalise on existing relationships with Government clients to drive revenue and increase market share within these accounts
- Deliver on high volume and / or time sensitive requirements with speed and accuracy
- Plan and host relevant client and candidate networking events (currently remote)
The successful traits of a recruitment consultant are:
- Experience recruiting within the Government sector
- Passionate about helping people flourish and achieve their career goals
- Confident in establishing new relationships with different people and personalities
- Inquisitive and curious, always wanting to know more about people and challenging the status quo
- Adaptable and agile, able to constantly seek new opportunities in the market
- Demonstrate self‐management, drive, a passion for excellence, initiative, and hard work
- Outstanding communication skills and corporate presentation
- Positive, friendly and up-beat personality!
- Attractive salary package
- Competitive commission scheme
- Long-term career development opportunities and a clear career path.
- Structured one-on-one coaching with your manager and industry expert
- Paid leave for your Birthday
- 1 personal day per quarter on top of your annual leave
- Regular social events
- Mobile phone & Gym/Health subsidised