Our client is currently recruiting a Public Communications Manager. This is working at a large NSW Government organisation. The role is paying up to $900 p/d + super on a 6 month contract. This position is currently located in Sydney CBD office.
About the role
- Developing public communications and event strategies that are consistent with a customer-focused culture and outcomes.
- Maintaining an effective marketing communications program across multiple channels.
- Assist in the scope and development of a program of marketing and communication initiatives.
- Undertake responsibility for all aspects of event planning and execution, including staff training and merchandise requirements.
- Manage and represent the project at public events, including facilitating communication directly with stakeholders.
- Develop surveys and implement market research to improve event programs
- Liaise with and manage all suppliers and service providers to ensure that events education and public communications activities are managed effectively and on time.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing communications/events management in the public sector or local government.
- Proven experience in facilitating community participation in event programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, developing and delivering communications and marketing programs, campaigns and projects.
- Sound understanding of the design, print and production processes involved in developing materials.
- Current driver’s license.