- $500 - $545 per day + super
- 12 month contract
- Sydney metro location
Our client is looking for a Public Affairs Officer to join their team in Sydney metro to develop, review and maintain effective public affairs and issue management strategies and lead responses to the media. This is a 12 month contract paying up to $545 per day + super.
About the Role
- Provide critical and proactive communication advice including monitoring media, preparing material for public engagements and responding to media issues
- Coordinate a broad range of public affairs activities including: Timely and accurate responses to media inquiries (preparing and issuing media statements), proactive media milestones and media monitoring
- Coordinate event management preparation for public appearances and write material for public speaking by senior management.
- Support the management of major media and critical issues by researching and preparing media releases and media responses
- Build effective and collaborative relationships
- Contribute to an issues management program that identifies, regularly assesses and secures senior management agreement on communications strategies to manage significant issues
- Develop and coordinate high quality communications materials that support the issues management program
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a public relations, communications and media environment
- Strong Stakeholder engagement ability
- Excellent written and verbal ability
- Previous government experience (preferable)
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com or call on 0282969807.