We are seeking a Project Support Officer to work for a large NSW government organisation based in Sydney CBD. This role is paying $331.31 - $441.73 per day + super and is a 9 month contract.
About the role
- Provide project and operational support, including monitoring and reporting on project plans, milestones, and deliverables, to ensure time, cost and quality indicators are in line with approved project plans.
- Update and collate documentation and records regarding issues, policies, and practices to ensure the delivery of projects complies with agreed project management methodology.
- Assist the team by providing a range of secretariat and administrative services, including coordinating meetings for Director and team members, preparing agendas, meeting documentation and other tasks to support program management delivery
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to provide updates regarding project status and implementation issues
- Contribute to achieving effectiveness of Director and team members by identifying, prioritising and determining urgency of the critical issues requiring attention and support.
- Work cooperatively and demonstrate a continuous improvement and growth mind-set by contributing and testing ideas for improving work practices, collaborating with internal and external business areas, to achieve objectives and work outcomes.
- Assist the team in general admin and project duties.
- Support the program by booking rooms for meetings and be the interface with stakeholders e.g. colleagues from other agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in project and stakeholder management.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong administration skills