This Government agency prides itself on delivery innovative technology solutions to the NSW public and other government agencies. They look to provide information and to maintain a wide range of IT initiatives to ensure effective and innovative results throughout New South Wales.
About the Role
- Design, plan, manage and deliver complex multi-stream, cross-divisional projects in line with the Agency's project management methodology to achieve agreed business objectives.
- Develop, monitor, manage and document project controls including schedule, risks and issues, budget, reporting, communication and change requests to meet tight deadlines and provide monthly assurance of project achievability.
- Build and manage relationships with multiple suppliers (four or more) to ensure ongoing delivery against contractual obligations, resolve issues and escalate problems as required.
- Manage large project teams to clarify roles and responsibilities, ensure effective utilisation of resources, and maintain motivation and engagement without a direct reporting line.
- Provide thought leadership on project management, contributing to the PMO strategy and the continuous improvement of project management methodologies, tools, templates and processes.
- Collaborate across the PMO function and wider Agency to ensure effective integration and alignment of plans and activities, understand requirements, seek advice from subject matter experts, resolve issues and deliver agreed outcomes.
- Project Management Certification (Prince 2 / PMP)
- Experience managing complex multi stream projects
- Experience managing the Vendor lifecycle including RFP process
- Experience managing digital projects
- Workshop facilitation experience including a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience defining and managing system testing as well as business process testing