This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government.
About the Role
- Interpret data linkage plans as specified in project documentation and produce an operational plan for the linkage.
- Linkrelated datasets; including using Choicemaker software with a matching model that has been previously developed.
- Test the accuracy of the model at different cut-off points for clerical review of uncertain matches to minimise false positive and false negative matches, at the same time keeping the number of clerical reviews at a manageable level.
- Determine cut-off points for linkage of various datasets in consultation with the Manager
- Undertake data extraction using a range of data extraction tools including SQL, SAS or similar.
- Ensure secure exchange of data, including encryption at file level.
- Ensure that data are released in accordance with relevant ethical approvals, including amendments, and any additional conditions that may be imposed by data custodians.
- Produce a Methods and Measures report explaining linkage process and outcomes for the use of researchers
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience
- Experience in undertaking data manager, data analyst, systems or database administrator, or similar roles.
- Capacity to use data extraction tolls such as SQL, SQL Server SSIS objects and SAS query language
- Well developed organising, analytical thinking and problem solving, skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication, interpersonal and supervision skills, and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.