Project Coordinator - Communications & Engagement | 2 Month Contract | Up to $715 per day inc super
- $650 per day + super
- 2 Month Contract
- Sydney CBD
This Government Department is focused on achieving community outcomes and putting customers at the center of everything they do. They are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce, which reflects the community and customers. We are looking for someone to start this 2 month contract role offering up to $650 per day + super.
About the Role
Coordinates communications, engagement and outreach activities to support the Department in undertaking its key function as a consent authority for complex and contentious development. The primary purpose of the role is to provide high quality administrative and logistical support service to the Department and its members. The role will actively involve managing the website and social media channels.
- Project management of all public meetings and hearings, in line with its guidelines, including electronic public meetings and hearings.
- Coordination of public noticed, logistical arrangements, including venue bookings, travel and accommodation for the Department and staff and stakeholder liaison, including speaker registration.
- Act as the key point for a contact for relationships with external suppliers, including transcription services and Audio/Video production companies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with community stakeholders to foster greater understanding of the Department's approaches to consultation, through public meetings and hearings.
- Manage event staff including external providers to deliver event activations including the preparation of event briefs, rostering, supervision and mentoring of casual staff.
- Manage the Department's website on a day to day basis, in consultation with the Director –Communications & Engagement, including the publication of case materials and contribute to the preparation of media releases and other communications material including the creation of content for the Department's website and social media channels.
- Undertaking tasks and managing work priorities in a high pressure and challenging environment and balancing competing demands to deliver a range of administrative and logistical support deliverables to a high standard, with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring a high quality of work and attention to detail in coordinating the Department's public meetings
and hearing, including speaker registrations; managing public submissions for cases; and maintaining the Department's website and social media channels, as required.
- Ability to deal with confidential, sensitive and or contentious matters.
- Makes day to day decisions regarding tasks in accordance with agreed actions and identified outcomes, and within the parameters of the approved/agreed budget.
Please apply if you are interested. Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0405 390 564.