- $50-$55/hour + Super
- 12 month contract w/immediate start
- Parramatta location w/Onsite and WFH schedule
About the company:
This NSW government agency is undertaking a major transformation. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved outcomes.
About the role:
Support the financial management of projects, programmes, and portfolios by delivering project reporting and accounting. Manage the project financial data in SAP S4Hana that facilitates informed investment decision making and management of benefits realisation.
- The day-to-day delivery of project accounting frameworks, policies and processes to ensure compliance with all financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Supporting core Project Accounting activities
- Project lifecycle financial reporting
- Collation of information to prepare project, program and portfolio forecasts, variance analysis and risk management strategies
- Modelling of capital expenditure forecasts
- Preparing, reviewing annual, quarterly project budgets (Opex and Capex)
- Preparing project accounting reconciliations and audit work papers as appropriate
- Review monthly rolling forecasts for overspend, as part of monitoring the performance of Portfolios.
- WIP Follow Up & Overspend monitoring
- Prepare project accounting information, analysis, and insights to provide commercial and strategic advice to the Head of Finance and Executive Team to determine future goals and support long term planning and decision making.
- Prepare information and analysis for projects, programs, and portfolios to ensure compliance with agreed ways of working across project accounting reporting, governance, and risk management activities.
- Perform Capital Reporting Data Maintenance (S4HANA, EPPM, CATS)
- Support the development of the enterprise annual + 5 year capital investment program (CIP) and 20-30 year long-term forecast
- Manages the efficient tracking of budgets to actual. Proactively forecasts, manages and tracks costs, including contingencies
- Manages the interrelationships between projects and programs for their respective area of the business, including contingency management
- Understands and applies the standards and policies for project capitalisation, tracks the values, variances, accruals, and collects costs in a way that facilitates Fixed Assets accounting.
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Economics, Business, Accounting) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA/CPA) desirable (or studying towards)
- Systems experience required: SAP S4 HANA
- Stakeholder management across a diverse group of leaders.
- 4+ years’ experience working in project accounting in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Immediately available candidates preferred
- Must have Permanent Residency or Citizenship