- $550-$618p/day +super
- Parramatta Location w/ WFH
- 12 Month contract
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency aims to create a better infrastructure system, one that is fundamentally designed around the needs and expectations of customers, communities, and the economy.
About the role
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for providing a broad range of Financial management practices across the cluster. The role supports senior managers in the implementation of innovative solutions to achieve continuous improvements in corporate financial programs, processes and service delivery.
- Lead and direct staff, projects or programs to achieve operational outcomes.
- Act as business partner by working closely with other Finance teams and Centres of Expertise.
- The role is also accountable for ensuring work remains on target, within budget and meets the agreed standards of service delivery.
- developing policies and procedures, implementation guides and briefs, reporting procedures, systems/user documentation.
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Treasury reporting in compliance and AASB.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Journals, General Ledger management.
- Assist with year-end close and year end treasury reporting for the cluster.
- Develop and analyse annual budgets.
- Provide support to the business for all Financial Accounting issues.
- Monitor and provide accurate reporting of assets and compliance of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Contribute to process and systems improvements
- Implementing and monitoring financial policies, guidelines, and business rules.
- Provide expertise of financial acts and regulations with the understanding of accounting principles, standards, and practices.
- Support achievement of business outcomes by delivering financial advice to staff and managers.
- Contribute to effective and flexible delivery of financial management services.
- 4+ years' experience as an Analyst, Accountant or similar in complex working environment with experience in financial statements, Budgeting and year end close.
- Experience working in Government organisation beneficial
- Experience using SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Available for immediate start
- Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Per government guidelines, all contractors must be fully vaccinated or provide medical exemption
Please apply if interested, please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions please email Kayne@ashdownpeople.com.au