This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
- Undertake allocated policy development and/or analysis, implementation and review projects and initiatives to contribute to improved policy directions and outcomes.
- Prepare advice in allocated policy and/or technical areas and timely reports, discussion papers, briefs and submissions to support decision making and contribute to the development of policies and initiatives.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to assist understanding of policy impacts and delivery of desired policy outcomes and support policy and program development.
- Identify and evaluate key issues, and formulate options and recommendations to inform policy and regulatory needs and changes.
- Provide policy, procedure and/or technical advice to staff and managers to assist in the delivery of consistent policy and quality service delivery.
- Tertiary qualification in public policy, planning, law, economics, ecology, geographical information systems or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of New South Wales government processes and policy making.
- Experience policy and project management experience in environmental/planning policy.
- Experience managing consultants, developing public plans and strategies, writing briefing notes and correspondence.