- $46-$49/hour + Super
- 3-month contract with immediate start
- Nowra, NSW or Remote/WFH
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
The Performance Analyst is responsible for assisting in the review of council's short and long-term performance and ensuring that councils comply with statutory requirements.
- Provide analysis on financial performance.
- Collate and analyse large data sets and contribute to the preparation of information, projects and briefs to support informed decision making.
- Preparing briefings and options papers on technical matters
- Identify financial management and business processes on group level.
- Business partner with councils focusing on business improvements and financial sustainability initiatives.
- Legislative and accounting standard compliance
- Provide analysis and commentary on financial management reporting and analysis.
- Review and asses statutory applications for councils.
- Evaluation and analysis to identify emerging issues and prepare recommendations
- Review statutory reporting requirements
- Fulfill adhoc reporting requirements set by management
- 3+ years’ experience as an Analyst or Similar role
- Background in Finance and Accounting with strong analytical skills
- Government experience beneficial
- Reporting tool experiences like Power BI, Tableau or similar reporting software highly regarded
- Advanced Excel skills
- Available for immediate start
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, please contact Robert@ashdownpeople.com.au or call on 02 8296 9803