This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the role
Managing the payroll function and staff associated with the processing of all Employee and contractor pay in SAP. To ensure all pay is completed on time and accurately.
- Monitor and address the correctness, eligibility and timeliness of payments in terms of Awards, Agreements, Employment Contracts, organisational policies and other relevant legislation.
- Oversee and monitor annual projects such as issue of performance payments to ensure that they are accurately and promptly processed and paid.
- Guide and support the design and implementation of enhancements to the organisation's payroll system and procedures.
- Train team members to provide support position in the effective management of the payroll function.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that they are provided with all relevant data in the appropriate formats.
- Ensure accurate preparation of workers' compensation returns, superannuation payments (including those made into Defined Benefit schemes), payroll tax returns and group tax reconciliations consistent with Tax Legislation.
- Oversee the efficient preparation of management reports based upon information generated from within the payroll system.
- Resolve and answer enquiries relating to payroll from across the company.
- 5 Years’ experience Managing Payroll Processes preferably in large organisations
- Managing Payroll Teams
- Government experience highly regarded
- Experience with SAP essential
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Available for immediate start
- Intermediate knowledge of excel