This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
The Department is responsible for building resilient economies and communities, overseeing resources and ensuring government investment in NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
It provides quality, customer focused services to the community across New South Wales. This organisation brings together a wide range of service and advisory functions.
About the role
The Business Services Officer will undertake business and financial administrative support activities to meet the service delivery outcomes and business objectives.
- Financial support activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing
- Financial reconciliations
- Provide effective vehicle fleet, asset and accommodation management support
- Prepare documentation to meet reporting requirements, contractual obligations and to support month and year end processing.
- Collect and compile information for, and prepare documentation and correspondence in line with quality and organisational requirements.
- Collect and compile data to support information flow and inform decision making
- Update and maintain records and databases.
- Experience in a professional office environment. At least one year of experience within a government organisation will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in providing high level clerical and administrative services
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Self-starter and detail-oriented capable of independently tracking and following up commitments
- Ability to handle complex administrative support needs in a fast pace and rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills
- Experience in MS office suits (Word, Excel)