Operations Engineer | 13- Month Contract | $1020/day inc. Super
- $925/ Day + Super
- 13-month contract
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start ASAP for a 13-month contract paying up to $925 / Day +Super. This role is located in Parramatta.
About the Role
This NSW Government agency has embarked on its Cloud journey, initially implementing several SaaS (Software as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a Service) offerings such as Microsoft O365, Service Now and Salesforce. The aim of the project is to stand-up and deliver a secure cloud hosting platform and associated security tools allowing for the modernisation of Network and Computing services for NSWPF. This Project will deliver a future proofed “Protected” cloud service and associated security guardrails allowing this NSW Government agency to implement modern applications by leveraging cloud services. The project will provide the foundation to support several large policing programs currently inflight. Key accountabilities include:
- Contribute to the planning, developing, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimisation of all computer systems within the organisation.
- Conduct system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet user demand.
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of the server infrastructure by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to.
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
- Collect and analyse incident and change data to identify emerging trends and assist with problem resolution to increase server availability for end users.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Demonstrated experience working with contemporary server and storage technologies, such as: Windows Server Administration 2012+,Active Directory 2016 ,VMWare Administration V6+,Cloud Infrastructure Support
- 5 years’ experience in providing 2nd and 3rd level support on VMware and Microsoft platforms
- Must have VMware Certification and/ or Microsoft
- Respective tertiary qualifications
- Effective Communication Skills
Please apply if you are interested. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any question, please contact email@example.com or call (02) 8296 9802