This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible for a 6-month contract paying up to $720 per day excluding super. This role is located in Sydney CBD.
About the Role
As a true contributor, you will help to build, design, integrate and improve our internal network connectivity infrastructure. Supporting over 12,000 users and members of the NSW public to transition and adapt the cluster’s ICT hosted services. The cluster has made a significant investment into deploying leading edge networking technologies to better service its internal and external customers, this role would be responsible for ensuring those technologies are utilised to its full potential. Some of the key role responsibilities include:
- Assisting to provide first response advice to incidents and requests
- Participation in the on call roster
- Sustain network availability by following processes of production environment.
- Carry out regular preventative maintenance and system upgrades, monitor the network to detect performance issues, and work as part of a team on initiatives to improve network performance.
- Code and firmware upgrades, solution onboarding, change implementation, and various project based activities within your technology area.
To be successful, you will possess the following attributes:
- Hands on approach – you will be expected to maintain services and solutions from end-to-end
- Customer focus – we strive to design, build, and maintain high-performance and stable services to meet our customer’s needs
- Strong understanding of basic Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts
- Good understanding of dynamic routing protocols
- Strong routing and switching skills
- Ability to configure Cisco devices via CLI
- Understanding of commonly used enterprise services and applications (Mail, Active Directory, proxy)
- Willingness to share information with team members
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.