This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This government agency uses data and behavioural insights to drive improvements with government and providing services to NSW.
About the Role
During the upcoming general elections, a number of remote offices and additional operational centres will need to be established throughout New South Wales in addition to the existing Head Office network operations. As part of a small IT Server and Network Infrastructure team, the Network Administrator personnel will assist in designing, implementing and supporting these networks and work closely with other Business Units for support and as escalation. The person will also be providing support to the Senior Network Engineer within the Server and Network Infrastructure team.
The role will require the person to travel to some remote offices and operation centres within New South Wales, hence having a driver license will be a must. Working over the weekend or outside of business hours will be required when performing upgrades and also while providing support during critical election period.
The primary responsibilities will be:
- Participating in design, configuration, setup, monitor and support of LAN/WAN network status and network devices at various remote offices and other operational centres that are established during general elections
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve first and second level network issues and escalate when necessary
- Administration and support of switching, routing and firewall network technologies in a managed environment
- Performing routine maintenance to ensure a secure and optimal network infrastructure through robust change management process that includes raising change plan, testing and evaluating and performing upgrades
- Engaging with other IT members to ensure IT issues are resolved and documenting diagnosis and resolution of faults
- Developing and maintaining documentation and ensure adherence to the IP policies and procedures
- Cisco Meraki (firewall, switch, router/gateway, access point)
- Firewall technologies particularly Fortinet and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Remote access VPN solutions and site to site VPN tunnels
- Supporting modern Wi-Fi infrastructure, VoIP environment and QoS
- Managing network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NPM and the use of NetFlow
- Switching technologies (LACP, optics, POE)
- Extensive hands-on experience in network troubleshooting using iperf, curl, fiddler, wireshark and preferably Splunk as well
- Sound networking concepts of TPC/IP, VPN, routing and DNS
- Experience in supporting network with port security/network access control using Cisco ISE is preferable
- Some understanding of Azure networking
- Driver’s licence
For more information email Lachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.